PCBN/CBN (Polycrystalline Cubic boron nitride) is a material with excellent hot hardness which can used at a very high processing speed. The CBN blanks have CBN layer and the layer of carbide tungsten substrate, and CBN inserts are made by CBN blanks brazed on carbide tungsten substrate.
CBN inserts are widely used in processing chilled cast iron, white cast iron, high manganese cast iron, high chromium and nickel alloy cast iron, hardened steel, powder metal, hard alloy and some other super alloy. CBN inserts have greatly reduced the comprehensive production cost, also greatly improved the production capacity and efficiency during the whole production operation.
Various types of Tipped CBN Inserts
Single or 2 CBN edge on one side, multi CBN edges on both sides of Tipped CBN Inserts are all available;
Coated CBN Inserts are also available.
C Sharp (80°) - CNGN CCGW CNGA CPGW CPGA
D Sharp (55°) - DNGN DNGA DCGW DPGW
S Sharp (90°) - SNGN SNGA SPGW SPGN
T Sharp (60°) - TNGN TNGA TCGW TPGW TPGA TPGN
V Sharp (35°) - VNGN VCGW VBGW
W Sharp (80°) - WCGW WPGW
Grades of CBN Inserts:
Advantages of CBN Inserts:
1. Excellent wear resistance, impact resistance, thermal stability and chemical stability of metal processing;
2. Excellent cost performance, 30%~50% saved compare to carbide inserts;
3. Excellent surface quality, turning instead of grinding;
4. Solid material ensures high degree of mechanical strength;
5. Superior cutting tool material with extreme hardness conditions;
6. High machining efficiency with 5~10 times of carbide and ceramic inserts.
Applications of CBN Inserts:
Weino CBN Inserts can be widely used lots of industry, such as auto parts, roll industry, gear industry, bearing industry, wind power generation, air conditioning compressor and others, the materials of their workpieces are mostly cast iron and hardened steel:
Cast Iron: Automotive Engine, Brake Disc, Brake Drum, Pulley, Cylinder Block, Cylinder liner, Pump, Cast Iron Rolls…
Hardened Steel: Industrial Gears, Wind Power Bearings, Bearings, Drive Shaft, Crushing Hammer Cylinder, Slurry Pump, Rolls...
Recommended Cutting Parameters of CBN Inserts